Penetration Testing Course Summary
Penetration testing is a form of ethical hacking that simulates attacks on an organization’s network and its systems. This is done to help businesses find exploitable vulnerabilities in their environment that could lead to data breaches.
With cyber attacks becoming the norm, it is a higher priority than at any other time to carry out regular vulnerability assessment and penetration testing to identify vulnerabilities and ensure on a regular basis that the cyber controls are working.
This course provides students the opportunity, knowledge, and skill set to qualify for a job in PT. The advanced modules included in this course – such as defending with meticulous scanning, networking pivots, deployment of proxy chains, and putting web shells to use – enable students to get advanced knowledge of the subject matter.
The course will also focus on educating students on the fundamentals of attack strategies used by hackers and on ways to identify network vulnerabilities by means of ethical hacking. Students will be provided the opportunity to get hands-on knowledge of this course by executing a complete test themselves.
In addition to teaching students about the latest ethical hacking tools and techniques, the course comes with access to a virtual testing lab, enabling a hands-on experience.
This course provides a comprehensive look at the main tools and techniques for testing network security. Through hands-on experience, you’ll learn about basic attack strategies and how to uncover critical vulnerabilities using ethical hacking.
Penetration Testing Learning Outcomes
- You will learn the different between a black box, grey box and white box pen test.
- You will learn to determine the weakness in the infrastructure (hardware), application (software) and people in order to develop controls
- You will learn to discover new bugs in existing software (patches and updates can fix existing vulnerabilities)
- Write and develop a penetration test report
- Discover penetration testing tools and learn how to use them, like NMAP, Kali Linux
- Deployment of ethical hacking for exposing network vulnerabilities
- Intelligence gathering through reconnaissance, data and scanners
- Improving network security through deployment of hacking tools
- Preventing intrusions by taking measures to avoid attack escalation
- Executing penetration tests by managing all stages of a test’s lifecycle
- Cyber Security Analysts
- SOC Analysts
- Security Operations Analysts
- IT Security Analysts
- Vulnerability Management Analysts
- Vulnerability Management Engineers