Malware Analysis Course Summary
Malware Analysis course provides you with a good is understanding of malicious code analysis, how to break down potential malware threats, create combat solutions and protect against them. Due to the continuous advancements in malicious code, mapping malware internal workings with live-analysis techniques are longer very effective.
In additions, you will attain skills to develop advanced level of reverse engineering applicable to other security domains. You will also learn how to use existing tools, techniques, and research to develop IDA Pro scripts and plugins and how to defeat packed and armored executables, analyse encryption and encoding algorithms and defeat various obfuscation techniques.
Malware Analysis Learning Outcomes
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand how malware hides its execution, including process injection, process replacement and user-space rootkits
- Understand how malware achieve their malicious activity using window API
- Discover the strength & limitations of disassemblers such as IDA Pro
- Know how to bypass anti-disassembly techniques used to hinder malware analysis
- Use Python to automate IDC & IDA for malware analysis
- Discover how to combat anti-debugging, detect window debugger and time checks
- Know how to mislead malware to maintain a safe domain
- Identify C++ structures and how to reverse C++ binaries
- Discover symbol resolution, decoders, position independence and shellcode operations
- Perform full manual unpacking on packed executables, packer algorithms and generic techniques to quickly defeat them
- Understand obfuscation techniques used by malware, analyze network packet captures and malware communications
- Reverse engineer .NET bytecode and work with obfuscation techniques used by attackers
Who Should Take this Course?
- SOC Analyst
- Cyber Security Threat Hunter
- Red Team
- Penetration Tester
- Vulnerability Management