Disaster recovery and business continuity are a type of risk management strategy to address the threat of disruptions to business activities and improve organizational resilience.
With this in mind, the course is designed with modules to empower students with adequate knowledge and skills to discover the sources of risks, identify mission-critical continuity needs, develop an incident response plan and effectively implement a disaster recovery plan to ensure business continuity.
Students will have a good understanding of the DR Plan lifecycle, discover how to perform business impact analysis, and restore strategies.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Test, maintain, and improve the BCMS
- Develop threat & vulnerability assessments (Business Impact Analysis)
- Identify and select cost-effective strategies for critical functions
- Understand BCM & IT DR “Best Practices & Principles”
- Design & coordinate exercises to support Crisis Management activities with DR
- Identify and define emergencies
- Identify, assess and mitigate risks
- Analyze costs benefits of emergency planning
- Develop Incident management and business recovery plans
- identify critical activities and evaluate associated threats
- Recovery time objective and business recovery plan
- Develop and accurately Communicate reports and escalate major incidents
- Develop Contingency Plan
Who Should Take this Course?
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Operations Manager
- IT Service Continuity Manager
- Information Security Manager
- Information Security Auditors
- Cyber Incident Planning & Response