Data volume has been growing exponentially, dramatically increasing opportunities for theft and accidental disclosure of sensitive information. According to International Data Corp (IDC), the “global datasphere” will reach 163 zettabytes by 2025. To put that in perspective, if every gigabyte in a zettabyte were a brick, one zettabyte would be the equivalent of 258 Great Walls of China. And more than a quarter of data will be real-time in nature. This reality, along with increases in the portability of data, employee mobility and penalties for failing to comply with strict data protection regulations such as the EU GDPR raise the question: “What more can organizations do to protect themselves and their stakeholders?” An integral part of the answer is data loss prevention (DLP).
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of DLP and various focal points, such as applicable cyber security compliance standards, cloud security fundamentals, basics of computer security, details of data lifecycle, typology of data categories, and data recovery.
By the end of the course, you’ll have an understanding of what is expected of Data Security professional in relation to handling data security, so that you can implement DLP solution & strategy for your organisation
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Learn the principles of Data Loss Prevention
- Understand data loss and methods of recovery
- Gain a solid understanding of DLP strategy
- Develop knowledge of data types and categories
- Learn how to develop data loss metrics
- Get a comprehensive knowledge of DLP solutions
- Learn how to develop a selection process for data loss solution
Who Should Take this Course?
- Cyber Security Consultants
- Information Security Officers
- DLP Consultants
- DLP Project Managers
- DLP Business Analysts
- Privilege Access Management
- Identity & Access Management