This document includes instructor led class overview and objectives, identifies target student and prerequisites, course outline, and course specific software and hardware requirements.
Course Length: 5 days
This course covers the duties of those who are responsible for monitoring and detecting security incidents in information systems and networks, and for executing a proper response to such incidents. Depending on the size of the organization, this individual may act alone or may be a member of a cybersecurity incident response team (CSIRT). The course introduces tools and tactics to manage cybersecurity risks, identify various types of common threats, evaluate the organization’s security, collect and analyze cybersecurity intelligence, and handle incidents as they occur. Ultimately, the course promotes a comprehensive approach to security aimed toward those on the front lines of defense.
This course is designed to assist students in preparing for the CertNexus CyberSec First Responder (Exam CFR-310) certification examination. What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
In addition, this course can help students who are looking to fulfill DoD directive 8570.01 for information assurance (IA) training. This program is designed for personnel performing IA functions, establishing IA policies, and implementing security measures and procedures for the Department of Defense and affiliated information systems and networks.
In this course, you will assess and respond to security threats and operate a system and network security analysis platform.
• Assess information security risk in computing and network environments.
• Analyze the cybersecurity threat landscape.
• Analyze reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments.
• Analyze attacks on computing and network environments.
• Analyze post-attack techniques on computing and network environments.
• Implement a vulnerability management program.
• Evaluate the organization’s security through penetration testing.
• Collect cybersecurity intelligence.
• Analyze data collected from security and event logs.
• Perform active analysis on assets and networks.
• Respond to cybersecurity incidents.
• Investigate cybersecurity incidents.
Copyright 2020 CertNexus. All Rights Reserved
This course is designed primarily for cybersecurity practitioners who perform job functions related to protecting information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. This course focuses on the knowledge, ability, and skills necessary to provide for the defense of those information systems in a cybersecurity context, including protection, detection, analysis, investigation, and response processes. In addition, the course ensures that all members of an IT team—everyone from help desk staff to the Chief Information Officer—understand their role in these security processes.